BMW 3 Series E30
since 1983-1994 release
Repair and operation of the car
+ 1. Maintenance instruction
+ 2. Maintenance
+ 3. Engine
+ 4. Cooling system
+ 5. Heating and ventilation
+ 6. Fuel system
- 7. Exhaust system
+ 7.1.2. Exhaust system of cars 318i
- 7.2. System of decrease in toxicity of exhaust gases
7.2.2. Self-diagnostics of system of injection of Motronic
7.2.3. Processor block (ECU block)
7.2.4. Sensors of system of automatic control of the engine
7.2.5. System of compulsory ventilation of a case (PCV system)
7.2.6. System of catching of vapors of gasoline (EVAP system)
7.2.7. Catalytic converter
+ 8. Transmissions
+ 9. Coupling
+ 10. Brake system
+ 11. Running gear
+ 12. Body
+ 13. Electric equipment
+ 14. Useful tips
Catalytic converter of the M10 engine
For decrease in emissions in the atmosphere of hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide and oxides of nitrogen all cars considered in the management are equipped with the converter providing decomposition of the specified three components due to oxidation-reduction reactions, turning them into harmless nitrogen, carbon dioxide and water.
In order to avoid a converter exit out of operation follow the following rules:
1. It is forbidden to use ethylated gasoline.
2. Regularly check serviceability of systems of ignition and food.
3. Operation of the car at interruptions in cylinders is strictly forbidden.
4. It is forbidden to switch off ignition at big turns of the engine, or to stop the engine sharp pressing a pedal of a butterfly valve at the switched-off ignition.
5. The parking in places with flammable objects is forbidden.
6. At serviceable power supply systems and ignitions the unit is calculated on a run of 90-160 thousand km. According to contents WITH in exhaust gases it is possible to estimate a converter condition approximately.
7. The "sulphurous" smell from an exhaust pipe on the new car is allowed.