BMW 3 Series E30
since 1983-1994 release
Repair and operation of the car
+ 1. Maintenance instruction
+ 2. Maintenance
- 3. Engine
+ 3.1.2. Specifications
+ 3.2. Dismantle and capital repairs of the engine
- 3.3. Engine electric equipment
3.3.3. The battery - launch of the engine in emergency situations
3.3.4. Removal and installation of the battery
3.3.5. Power cables
+ 3.3.6. System of ignition
+ 3.3.7. System of a charge of the battery
+ 3.3.8. System of launch of the engine
3.3.9. Malfunctions of the generator
3.3.10. Main malfunctions of electric equipment
+ 4. Cooling system
+ 5. Heating and ventilation
+ 6. Fuel system
+ 7. Exhaust system
+ 8. Transmissions
+ 9. Coupling
+ 10. Brake system
+ 11. Running gear
+ 12. Body
+ 13. Electric equipment
+ 14. Useful tips
System of ignition of TCI (Transistorized Coil Ignition in designation of the manufacturer) 4-cylinder engine
System of ignition Motronic of the 6-cylinder engine
The system of ignition, system of battery charging and system of launch of the engine are a part of the system electric equipments of the engine. Because these systems are an integral part of the engine, their consideration is carried out separately from body electric equipment (for example, devices of lighting, measuring devices, etc.) which is considered in section 13.
At care of electric equipment follow the following rules.
1) Observe extreme care when checking details and devices of electric equipment. At the wrong connection, or the inept address of the device of electric equipment of the engine quickly fail.
2) Ignition included on the idle engine is forbidden to leave a long time.
3) It is forbidden to disconnect cables from the battery on the working engine.
4) At the emergency launch of the engine from the battery of other car observe polarity of connection of the battery.
5) Always disconnect the battery from weight first of all, and connect to weight at the latest moment, in order to avoid a casual zakorachivaniye of the battery.